Thursday, May 31, 2007

Grace!


Here is a picture that I had on my heart. I had been deeply pondering the word grace, the concept of grace. Scripture-wise there are different ways it is applied but the one I chose for this picture is the one that stuck out.

1 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you through the knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ.

Through the knowledge of God. Not in the performance factors of going to a church building every week and ritualistically obeying everything you are told to do out of fear that you might displease God. I believe it should be read as 'through the knowledge of God's heart'. When you dig to see someone's heart is when you truly get to have knowledge about him or her.

The picture I used is one that I photographed while in the snowy mountains here in Colorado.

(See my other post on this picture at http://whosyouridol.blogspot.com/2007/05/pretty-please-with-hot-chocolate-mousse.html)

No comments: